Frequently Asked Questions About Mobile Media
What is text messaging?
* Text messaging, also known as “texting”, refers to the exchange of brief text-written messages between mobile phones over cellular networks. The term most often refers to messages sent using the Short Message Service (SMS).
What is SMS?
* SMS is an acronym standing for Short Message Service. It is commonly referred to as text messaging or “texting”. SMS is a method by which messages can be sent to a cell phone via another cell phone, a computer connected to the internet, smartphones, and other handheld devices, i.e., a Blackberry, Droid or an iPhone.
What is mobile marketing?
* Businesses, charities, companies and other entities or personalities are able to communicate in real time, via text messaging, by sending important, money-saving offers to their customers who “opt-in” to receive their communication. You can elect to receive discount offers and promotions from your favorite local businesses, restaurants, hair salons and many others, direct to your cell phone in a text message.
How do you ‘opt in’ to a mobile marketing campaign?
* By texting the ‘keyword’ associated with the mobile marketing campaign from your cell phone to the short code being utilized.
What is a short code?
* Short codes are 4, 5 or 6 digit numbers that allow mobile texting software to work with all cell phone companies. They are short and easy phone numbers that allow customers to enroll. Our famous and easily recognized short code is 90210.
What is a keyword?
* Keywords are used to identify a business (or a specific category for that business) when used with our short code 90210. You text a specific keyword to 90210 to “opt-in” and allow our partners to send text messages and special offers direct to you and others who have also opted in – all at the same time.
How does a business or organization use mobile marketing to advertise and promote to, or communicate with their customers or database?
* A business would simply invite customers, and prospective customers, to “opt-in” and receive communication and/or promotions or offers via text messages on their cell phone. Several effective methods are available to invite people to opt-in using signage, mail, email, social media, print, radio, TV or website campaigns. Those who see or hear the invite will simply text the KEYWORD for that business or organization to 90210 and as a result, build an opt-in database of people who are interested in receiving text messages from their chosen businesses or organization right to their cell phone.
* This allows the business (or any entity) to have instant and real-time communication with those who have opted in, by simply sending a text message to potentially hundreds or thousands at one time with a specific offer, promotion, discount or important message.
* This is instantaneous and results-driven marketing – at it’s finest – to those who really want to know – and where they will actually see it!
How do I opt-out or unsubscribe once enrolled?
* Simply reply ‘stop’ to any message received on the keyword channel you opted into. You will receive an immediate text alert confirming you have successfully opted out.
Will I get SPAM with this service?
* All cell phone carriers, and the FCC http://www.fcc.gov/aboutus.html have strict and enforced policies regarding text messaging. All campaigns are required to be 100% permission-based so you must have texted a KEYWORD to receive your communications. You can opt-out anytime, whenever you desire. e-NERTIA Mobile does not support SPAM and enforces a zero-tolerance policy.
Are keywords case-sensitive?
* Keywords are not case-sensitive, just type and send!
Do you use my information for any other purpose?
* Absolutely not! When prospects, clients, customers, patients or fans “opt-in” for messages from a specific business or entity, the text messages you receive will come your selections, exclusively. e-NERTIA Marketing, will not use, nor make their personal information or cell phone number available, for any other purpose.
What cell carriers do you support?
* All US-recognized carriers with the exception of Metro PCS, Boost Mobile and Cricket currently support incoming text message marketing campaigns. If this changes in the future we will let you know on this web site.
How much am I charged to receive a text message?
* Cell customers are charged the Standard Text Messaging rates in accordance with your cell phone provider’s plan. If you unsure of your text messaging plan, please contact your wireless provider, as the rates do vary among plans, and from provider to provider.